T Nanda Kumar resigned from the post of Chairman of the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB). Kumar had submitted his resignation on 29 June 2016. Kumar’s resignation was accepted by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet on 27 July 2016. Kumar, who had a five-year term ending in 2019, will be relieved on 1 August 2016.T Nanda Kumar is a retired 1972-batch IAS officer from the Bihar cadre.
• He retired from the IAS in 2010.
• He was appointed as the Chairman of the Board of NDDB in March 2014 after the exit of Dr Amrita Patel in February 2014.
About National Dairy Development Board
• The National Dairy Development Board is an institution of national importance set up by an Act of Parliament of India in 1965.
• Its main office is in Anand, Gujarat.
• Its subsidiaries include IDMC Limited-Anand, Mother Dairy, Delhi, NDDB Dairy Services, Delhi and Indian Immunologicals Ltd., Hyderabad.
• It was founded by Verghese Kurien.
• NDDB launched its Perspective Plan 2010 with four thrust areas, which are Quality Assurance, Productivity Enhancement, Institution Building and National Information Network.