The Indo-Thailand Military Exercise Maitree concluded on 29 July 2016 at Krabi, Thailand. The exercise had commenced on 15 July 2016 under the aegis of the Royal Thailand Army. The aim of the joint exercise was to train contingents of both the armies on conduct of counter terrorist operations in an urban nvironment.
• 90 soldiers of Indian Army and Royal Thailand Army had participated in the two week long Exercise.
• The exercise included combined training, familiarization with weapons & equipment used by both the countries.
• It also included processes of analysing groupings, drills and tactics while operating in counter terrorism environment
• The shared modalities for conduct of Area Domination operations in urban environment apart from operations like Cordon and Search, raids and Seek and Destroy Missions.
• During the exercise both the Armies were able to evolve common tactical procedures and drills to enhance inter-operability.