Saturday 20 August 2016

Relief for Ustad Amjad Ali Khan as UK grants him visa after week-long ordeal


Sarod maestro Ustad Amjad Ali Khan was today granted visa by the UK, a week after his application for the same was rejected apparently due to incomplete information.  "Yes, the visa for my UK concert has been granted to me, finally. I am grateful to Mr Keith Vaz (British MP) and Shrimati Sushma Sawaraj (External Affairs Minister) for their initiative," a much relieved Khan
Sahib, as he is affectionately known, said.  Amjad Ali Khan says he was summoned to the visa office of the UK High Commission on Friday afternoon.

"I was called to be at the visa office for the third time. I've now been granted a visa for the UK from August 19 to September 19. Though I had asked for a visa till November I am just relieved the ordeal is over. I am so glad to have got my passport back. Now I can again travel the world with my sarod. My concert at the Royal Festival Hall South Bank on September 18 is now on.”

No comments:

Post a Comment