Sunil Bharti Mittal, Founder and Chairman of Bharti Enterprises, was on 27 October 2016 appointed as Chairman of GSMA. As GSMA Chairman, Mittal will oversee the strategic direction of the organisation.
Mittal will succeed Jon Fredrik Baksaas, who will step down from the GSMA board at the end of 2016. On the other hand, the company re-elected Mari-Noëlle Jego-Laveissiere, Executive Vice President,Innovation, Orange Group as Deputy Chairman. It also elected the new members of the 26-member Board of the company.
About Sunil Bharti Mittal
• Mittal took over as Chairman of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) early this year.
• He also serves on the boards and councils of several reputed international bodies and think-tanks like the World Economic Forum (WEF), Telecom Board of International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the Broadband Commission, Harvard University’s Global Advisory Council.
• He is also a Trustee of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace and on the Board of Qatar Foundation Endowment.
About the GSMA
• The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with almost 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem.
• The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
• The GSMA Board has 26 members, including 25 operator representatives from the world’s largest operator groups as well as smaller, independent operators with global representation.
Post a Comment