India International Trade Fair-2016 .The annual flagship event of India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO), the 36th India International Trade Fair (November14-27, 2016) will be inaugurated by the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee on November 14, 2016 at Hamsadhwani Theatre, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. The Commerce & Industry Minister, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman will preside over theinaugural function. This year, as many as 7000 participants are taking part in the fair. The ‘Partner Country’ is the ‘South Korea’ and the ‘Focus Country’ is ‘Belarus’. The ‘Partner States’ are ‘Madhya Pradesh’ and ‘Jharkhand’ while, ‘Haryana’ is participating as the ‘Focus State’. Over 150 companies from 27 countries are taking part in the fair. These include: Australia, Afghanistan, Belarus, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Iran, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Netherlands, Oman, Sri Lanka, South Africa, South Korea, Singapore, Tibet, Turkey, Thailand, UAE and UK.The domestic participation profile covers all the States and Union Territories, Central Government Ministries/Departments, Public Sector Undertakings, Export Promotion Councils, Commodity Board, Financial Institutions, Corporate and non-government organisations etc. CAPART pavilion of the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India is participating with around 800 rural artisans and craft persons, while 100 artisans are participating through National Minorities Development & Finance & Corporation.
This year, IITF and its ‘Digital India’ theme will project its deep commitment to fulfil the vision of the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India. The theme assumes special significance for highlighting country’s persistent efforts to alleviate poverty through meaningful convergence of digital technologies and e-governance.
Extending India’s global appeal for investment in diverse sectors, the fair also manifests a multi-pronged strategy of Indian economy which is driven by ‘Make in India’ initiative and reforms to transform trade and industry into an engine of socio- economic growth. The fair also provides a glimpse with updated information on various missions, schemes and initiatives, launched by the Government, Swachh Bharat Campaign, Clean Ganga Mission, Jan Dhan Yojana, Skill India, Adhar, 175 Solar Mission, Farmer Corp Insurance, Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation(AMRUT), Start up & Stand up Campaign, Smart Cities, Model Villages, etc. These programmes will be demonstrated prominently in the display profile of the pavilions of the States and Union Territories as well as standalone pavilions.
It also provides first hand information of the policies, progressive reforms and the new schemes launched by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India under the Foreign Trade Policy (2015-2020). These schemes are the Merchandize Exports from India Scheme (MEIS) and Services Exports from India Scheme (SEIS). Under these schemes incentives are available for SEZs and ‘e-Biz’ for promotion of diverse sectors.
Apart from featuring the state–of–the-art technologies, products, services and innovations along-with CSR initiatives, the fair showcases immense variety and kaleidoscopic repertoire of India’s handicrafts and handlooms with their multifarious hues, designs, motifs and techniques with diversity in both medium and method. The fair provides a reliable and tested platform to SMEs exporters, entrepreneurs and investors.
· Introduction of transparent online space booking
· Online Ticket Booking for all days
· Arrangement of Wi-Fi at Hall No.7-12A, 14 and 18 and at 10 prime locations
· Ground Installation of seven telecom towers for better network connectivity inside the fair complex
· ‘Mobile App’ on Android and iOS platforms
· Round-Robin Bus Services
· New/Young/Start-up entrepreneurs have been earmarked in Hall 26 at 50 per cent discount of the normal tariff.
· Introduction of a new Round-Robin bus service between Mandi House Metro Station to Pragati Maidan.
· DMRC’s an exclusive channel to divert visitors from Metro Station (Pragati Maidan) to Gate No.8 & 8A of Pragati Maidan. This is the new gate introduced to accommodate entry in the morning and exit in the evening for better crowd management.
· This year ‘Digital India’ is the theme of IITF. All States and Government Sectors will be arranging theme display (The dedicated theme pavilion being set up by Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DEITY) at Hall No.1. DEITY will be organizing five seminars during the currency of business days at IITF. DEITY will be promoting e-dustbins, e-governance, e-lockers, etc).
· BSF will be organizing camel bands for inauguration with border guards & women warriors, rifle drills called “Bolts”, thrilling mobike display called “Jaaban”, etc.
· National Minority Development Finance Corporation will organize the participation of minority representation in IITF.
· Wild life tourism display with the selfie points Maharashtra Government.
· An exclusive Cosmetics pavilion being set up in the lake area to represent sectoral display.
· CSIR is showcasing India’s achievements in Research & Development sector.
· Business Visitors Registration Counters will be set up at Gate Nos.1, 2, 7 and 10 during the business days (Nov. 14-18, 2016, ticket: Rs.500/-) of the fair. International Business Lounge (IBL) will be functioning at Gate 1, Pragati Maidan (Bhairon Road) to facilitate the visit of overseas trade delegations and visitors.
· Seasonal Ticket (November 14-27, 2016): Rs.1800/-.
· While the fair will be open to all the visitors (Ticket for Working Day: Adult Rs.60/ & Child Rs.40/-), Saturday/Sunday/Holiday from November 19 to 27, 2016 (Ticket for Adult Rs.120/- & Child Rs.60/-).
· School children are also allowed on business days with the advance purchase of tickets applicable for general days. There will not be free entry for concessional group charges for the students groups.
· The ticket may also be booked only through ITPO’s Website. The ticket sale counters may be closed earlier if tickets for the day are sold out.
· Tickets will be available at ITPO Counters (Gate 1 & 2) and Delhi Metro Rail Stations. Timings for ticket sale 9.30 am to 5.00 pm
Announcement of Missing Persons
· Fee for announcement of missing persons within Pragati Maidan: Rs.30/-. For such announcements, visitors should contact Central Facilitation Centre at Hall 1. ITPO is introducing free sanitary napkin vending points at women’s toilets.
· There will be free entry for senior citizens (60 years & above) and differently-abled persons on presentation of valid age/physical handicapped document with photo thereon from all gates from November 19 to 27, 2016. Attendant to senior citizens and differently-abled has to purchase ticket as per the rate applicable on the particular day.
· Media entry I-Cards will be issued by the PR Unit, ITPO to the media persons who will be authorised by their respective media house for the coverage of the fair from November 14 to 27, 2016.
· Press entry cards on the basis of prior intimation OB vans will be allowed from Gate 1 only.
· Entry of cars from Gate No.1 will be only for the Exhibitors, Service providers and other agencies with parking labels.
· No halting and parking is permitted outside any gate and inside Pragati Maidan for the visitors.
· Paid parking will be available at Delhi Zoo, Bhairon Road, Purana Qila Road, Pragati Maidan Metro Station/India Gate and other paid parking lots near Pragati Maidan.
· Visitors and exhibitors are advised to park their vehicles at Metro Stations nearest to their house.
· Press Parking at NSCI (Purana Qila Road)
· Government Departments Exhibitors, Pavilion Directors & Resident Commissioners with parking label only inside Gate 4 & 6
· ITPO officials inside parking Gate 3 & 4.
· The first aid services will be available near Hall 14 & 6, and Dispensary in Hall 19. Besides, the nearby Government Hospitals have been requested to keep theiremergency medical services on alert during the fair.
· Initiation of circular bus services inside Pragati Maidan primarily for convenience of senior citizen and differently-abled persons.
IITF2016 is a collective effort of the ‘Team ITPO’ and its associates including different service agencies. It involves coordination with security agencies, various municipal wings, transport authorities, State Governments, customs, excise, media houses plethora of organisations for smooth conduct of the event.
IITF is an annual magnum opus of the ITPO, a founding member of the Asian Trade Promotion Forum(ATPF) also a member of India Convention Promotion Bureau (ICPB) and significantly, it has been given responsibility to play a role as ‘Focal Point’for the BRICS Trade Promotion Group based on the BRICS Contact Group on Economic and Trade Issues(CGETI). Apart from IITF, it holds world class fairs and expositions in the country and overseas, exploring new markets of Africa, ASEAN, Latin America, North America and CIS countries for Indian products and services.