India to Host 10th International Conference(सम्मेलन) on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance : ICEGOV 2017
Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad to Inaugurate the ICEGOV 2017. To be hosted for the first time in India, in collaboration with United Nations University and UNESCO. 560 papers from around 60 countries to bepresented, which is highest number of paper submission in the history of ICEGOV. The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India, in collaboration with United Nations University and UNESCO, is organizing a three-day International Conference 10th ICEGOV 2017 in Delhi from 7th March to Thursday, 9th March, 2017. Themed on Building Knowledge Societies: From Digital Government to Digital Empowerment, the ICEGOV 2017 will be inaugurated by Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Hon’ble Union Minister of Electronics & Information Technology and Law & Justice in the presence of Ms. Maria Manuel Leitao Marques, Minister of Presidency and Administrative Modernization, Portugal, Shri P. P. Chaudhary, Hon’ble MoS, Electronics & Information Technology and Law & Justice, Mr. P. K. Sinha, Cabinet Secretary, and Ms Aruna Sundararajan, Secretary, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology.
The key objective of ICEGOV2017 is to explore how Digital Government can lead (नेतृत्व) to Digital Empowerment by local knowledge. It is a recognition(मान्यता) of India’s emerging role as a massive cyber power, accelerated(त्वरित) by the Digital India push which has acquired international acknowledgment. Digital Governance is the future of Good Governance, in sync(समकालीन ) with the Honourable Prime Minister’s vision to transform India into a transparent and digitally empowered country.
ICEGOV 2017 is the 10th edition of ICEGOV, which will focus on the use of technology to transform relationships between government and citizens, businesses, civil society. It will try to inculcate an outlook to create new forms, paradigms, foundations for technology-enabled governance, collaboration, development. The 10th ICEGOV will bring together academia, governments, international organizations, civil society, and the private sector to share the insights and experiences in theory and practice of Digital Government. In addition to research papers, experience papers, poster papers and doctoral research papers, the programme will also include keynote lecturers like Jane Fountain, Distinguished Professor from United States, Geoff Walsham, Professor from United Kingdom , Frank La Rue, Assistant Director General for Communication and information, UNESCO, plenary discussions and invited sessions by major institutional actors in the area. The programme also includes Digital Exhibition and special events highlighting the Indian experience and achievements in digital governance.
The conference will be graced by:
· Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Hon’ble Union Minister, Law & Justice and Electronics & Information Technology, GoI and Conference Chair
· Ms. Maria Manuel Leitao Marques and Minister of Presidency and of Administrative Modernization, Portugal and Conference Chair
· Mr. P. P. Chaudhary, Hon’ble Minister State, Law & Justice and Electronics & Information Technology, GoI
· Shri P K Sinha, Cabinet Secretary to Government of India.
· Ms Aruna Sundararajan, Secretary, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology and Chair, National Steering Committee
· Mr. Tomasz Janowski, ICEGOV Series Coordinator and Programme Chair
· Mr. Frank La Rue, UNESCO
· David M. Malone, United Nations University
· Rahul De, ICEGOV Series Coordinator and Programme Chair
The ICEGOV 2017 received an overwhelming response, with a record-breaking 560 papers from all over the world. About 1000 delegates(प्रतिनिधियों) including more than 200 international guests are expected to attend the conference.
Hon’ble MoS Shri P. P. Chaudhary will inaugurate an exhibition of poster papers to describe ongoing work, including new ideas, initial results, open questions, development plans, etc. with potential to contribute to Digital Government research and practice on 7th March, in the sideline of the ICEGOV 2017.
Special events titled ‘Building Capacities within Government for Enabling Digital Empowerment - CIO Conclave’, ‘GIS in Local Governance and Digital Infrastructure’, ‘How to benefit from FIWARE open platform to accelerate development of innovative smart city services’ and ‘Data Analytics’ will also be one of the key highlight of the conference.
Thematic Track Sessions will be held on the following topics:
· Digitization – improving internal government operations and delivering better public services
· Transformation – facilitating administrative and institutional reform in government
· Engagement – engaging citizens and non-state actors in policy- and decision-making processes, and
· Contextualization – supporting policy and development goals in specific sectors and localities.
· Ethics & the Dark Side - raises issues of ethics related to privacy, monitoring, workplace harassment(उत्पीड़न), power, accountability and transparency
· Open Government- inquiries into issues of openness and transparency, their definitions and practical implementation issues, and their conflict with security and surveillance.
· Digital Citizenship- norms of appropriate and responsible use of technology
· Digital Culture & Inclusion- promote ways of making E-government contribute to the development of all citizens
· Digital Healthcare & Education- use of digital technologies for providing and assisting with healthcare and education
· Smart Cities, Villages & Regions- facilitating economic growth and improving the quality of life of people
· Policy, Research & Innovation - examines the emerging visions for e-government in research and practice, the technologies required to implement and its approach
· e-Government & Applications- effect of IT on the individual working in a dense digital environment