Online fashion portal Myntra on 29 September 2016 announced the appointment of Dipanjan Basu as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Basu’s appointment will be effective from 17 October 2016. Who is Dipanjan Basu? Previously, Dipanjan Basu served as the Chief Finance & Operating Officer for Wipro’s Digital & Consulting Business where he was responsible in building and setting up newbusinesses, M&A and investments in startups.
• He also oversaw the finance function for the Manufacturing & Healthcare business at Wipro.
• He has been instrumental in driving billion dollar deals and leading business process re-engineering at Wipro.
• He started his career at Wipro as a young professional and built his way up to being one of the youngest Vice Presidents at Wipro.
• He also had a two year stint with Quatrro Risk Management Services where he was the CFO of the company.
• He is a Chartered Accountant from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and was ranked 7th in India in the CA final exams.
• Myntra is an Indian e-commerce company of fashion and casual lifestyle products.
• It is headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
• The company was founded in 2007 by Indian Institute of Technology graduates with a focus on personalisation of gift items.
• By 2010, Myntra shifted its focus to the online retailing of branded apparel.
• In May 2014, Myntra.com merged with Flipkart to compete against Amazon, which entered the Indian market in June 2013.