Haryana-Ballabgarh-renamed-(नाम दिया गया)as-Balramgarh
Manohar Lal Khattar, Chief Minister of Haryana, on 24 April 2017 announced the renaming of Ballabgarh town in Faridabad as Balramgarh. However, the process to change the name of the town in official records may take a few months. State’s MLA Moolchand Sharma and the Raja Nahar Singh Society had been demanding name change of the town from a long time. They wanted it to be renamed after its founder King Balram Singh. It is not the first time that the Haryana Government has renamed a city, town or a village. In 2016, the Manohar Lal Khattar Government had renamed Gurgaon as Gurugram based on the historic connection of the city with Guru Dronacharya.
• Ballabgarh is a town in Faridabad District of Haryana.
• It is a part of the National Capital Region.
• The state was founded by Balram Singh in 1739.
• The town was a princely state, which was last ruled by Jat Raja Nahar Singh. He was executed (निष्पादित) died for taking part in the 1857 war of independence in 1858.
• The town lies on the National Highway 2, a major portion of historical Grand Trunk Road.